There are numerous factors to consider when renting a storage unit. Below are a few basics that you should always keep in mind:
– Consider the distance from your house. Check out nearby self storage facilities. That way your goods will only be a short trip away.
– Decide what type of storage space will suit your needs. Will a small unit in a family operated company or a large unit in a huge facility with numerous floors be better for you? Make sure you discuss your requirements with facility staff so that you get the right storage space. You don’t want to rent a much bigger unit and pay for unused space, nor a room with almost no free space which doesn’t allow for walking around and arranging your goods.
– The extras the facility offers. Find out whether the facility has a storage unit with windows/no windows, do they offer climate controlled storage, what are the access hours like, does the business provide a complimentary move-in truck or trailer?
– Note the options for accessibility. A lot of storage facilities offer drive in and elevator access so you can easily move big heavy objects. Ground floor access may be best for you if you are storing a bike for example. Also consider how the door opens – is it a roll up or hinged door?
– Questions about the facility’s security should be high on the agenda too. Does the site have CCTV footage, are the units individually alarmed, do they have electronic gates, what type of latches/handles do they use on doors, what type of lock do they sell or recommend you use?
– Another important aspect you should think about is if you are likely to require more storage space in the future (if you fill your existing unit). Does the facility have another adjacent unit available, is it more cost-effective for you to move to a larger unit rather than hire two smaller ones?
Ella Andrews is blogger and freelance writer, who is very passionate about home improvement, remodeling, interior and exterior design ideas. She’s been writing about similar topics for a long time, but is also constantly searching for new sources of inspiration. More helpful tips and advice on removals and storage can be found at: <a href="http://removalcompaniesharingey.co.uk