Following up leads (sales enquiries) is one of those self storage tasks that often gets left to the bottom of the ‘to-do list’. It takes time and some of your staff may not feel comfortable calling back out of the blue – but it’s also one of the most important aspects of the sales process; now-so more than ever.
In today’s fast-paced online world, people expect answers quickly – if not immediately. If we look at the average* storer, they generally…
– start making enquiries 1 month prior to requiring storage (35%)
– find their storage facility online (51%)
– do so using a Google search (75%)
– contact facilities of interest by telephone (51%)
– expect to see unit availability and pricing online (75%)
By Andy Pudmenzky (Customer Experience & Marketing Manager, StorMan Software)